Friday, November 5, 2010

The Versatile Blog Award

There's an award for everything these days. It's true. I've yet to receive one for my awesomeness in being an Au Pair but, BUT there's still time! Anyway, the wonderful blog: An International Affair was kind enough to give me this blog award


In order to accept this award, I must do the following:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award
2. Tell everyone 7 things about myself
3. Pass this award to 15 other bloggers

Thank and link back to the person who gave me this award.

Merci!! I appreciate the recognition, especially after creating this little project just for me and finding out that others follow it.

An International Affair is a fabulous blog about a thirty-something year old woman of mystery who is on an international search for love and laughs! In her own words, "It's about the life you didn’t choose. Your alternative choice. The path not taken. My blog is about what if you didn’t marry your high school or college sweetheart. What if you didn’t have children with them in your late twenties or early thirties. What if you said “yes” when your company asked you to move abroad (five times). What if you pursued your career relentlessly and with single minded determination to get ahead and be the best. What if you left your friends and family behind. What if you gave it all up for a new adventure? And what if you didn’t care so much about the end destination but more about the journey and decided that life is about laughing about yourself rather than taking yourself so seriously?" It's how I'd like to live my life!

Tell everyone 7 things about myself:

1. I will sheepishly admit that since I moved to France, I have no idea of the current events going on in the US. This includes but is not limited to politics, news stories, movies, television and everything in between. I am, however, current on the concert tour dates of Lady Gaga. Priorities.

2. I love airports. I love everything about them. They are "pavloved" to the part of my brain associated with vacations.

3. Even in France, I try to work the "That's what she said" joke into conversations whenever possible. And in English.

4. I hate cranberry juice. I associate it with bladder infections. I bet you wanted to know that little fact! I also hate cold pizza... but not because of bladder infections.

5. I live in France and I wish I could speak Italian. Go figure.

6. In my head, I have the delusion that I speak really really well French. Ditto for singing.

7. I incessantly lie to the children. I told the girls last night that it was against the law to not brush your teeth; that the Pastry shop was all out of pastries; that I let them stay up until 10 pm, "which is way past your bedtime!" (it was 8). It's all about morals.

Pass this award to 15 other bloggers

Some of my favorites:
Et voila! I'd love to go on, but I have French Administration to deal with this afternoon. Bon week end! (And yes, I do find it bizarre that the French break up the word "weekend" into two words.)


7 comments:

  1. A million mercis to you!
    I too love airports and detest cold pizza, and as for telling lies to children, well that's just fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! Where IS America, anyway? Who is this Obama guy I keep hearing about? One of Carla Bruni's old lovers? Gah. I'm probably on a watch list now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An award - oh my goodness!

    I'm overcome!

    I've come over all faint!

    I think I'll just go for a little lie down!

    All the best

    Keith

    P.S. Sorry - almost forgot to say thank you!

    P.P.S. Personally, I believe that telling lies to children should be an Olympic sport!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, it'd be so great to travel in May!!! Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize!
    By the way, you are not missing much in the US news. There were some elections...blah blah...Tea Party...blah blah. Justin Bieber is still around. So it goes. I also associate cranberry juice with bladder infections. Gross. So tart.
    Congrats on your award. You are awesome in versatile ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you for this honour and congratulations, your blog is fantastic. Lauren are you still lying to kids......when will you learn lol? Travelling without you is just out of the question my dear friend and so is travelling without me. Make some room for me in May! A presto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahahahahahah thanks kid LOL - i am totally loving the success of your blog! See you tomorrow! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could move to France for a number of reasons, but getting away from the American news would be at the top of my list!

    I lie to my child all the time. All. The. Time.

    You are too kind to give me an award. I appreciate it Lauren!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete